| || | submitted by benohanlon to komodoplatform [link] [comments]
https://preview.redd.it/0yq7rwnkjdq11.png?width=1500&format=png&auto=webp&s=950dd49d7e1f7f1e421f7074bd030aec064e6ac7 A total prize pool of 7,000 KMD in our infographic contest
Calling all creatives to take part in our infographic contest and compete for a prize of 7,000 KMD. The winning infographic will explain the architecture of Komodo Platform’s technology. Winners will be those who are able to communicate our architecture and tech visually. This contest will run primarily on Reddit, with the exception of resources being posted to Medium and a master twitter thread for submissions on Twitter. You'll find links at the bottom of this post.
Prizes for winning infographics.
Are you a creative designer? Here's what you can win…
- A grand prize of 5,000 KMD
- Two runner-up prizes of 500 KMD each
- Two third-place prizes of 250 KMD each
Prizes for sharing and giving feedback!
Not a designer? That's OK. You can still participate and win! We'll award five lucky winners 100 KMD each for sharing and promoting the contest. Winners will be picked in a raffle. If you'd like to take part click here https://gleam.io/MwMtO/komodos-20-infographic-contest-5000-kmd-grand-prize
and share this post with your friends.
- Create a high-quality infographic that illustrates the genesis of our platform, the working tech that has been created and how Komodo has been built differently, and deliberately, from the very beginning to ensure security, scalability and interoperability. This is why we refer to the architecture, because Komodo was designed to overcome common problems like congestion, governance and attacks that other platforms did not foresee or prevent, from the beginning. This is Komodo DNA.
- Share your submission far and wide and encourage your friends and followers to vote for you.
- Encourage feedback, ask questions and make your infographic the best that it can be.
Our Criteria to Judge
Please note that upvotes and shares are not the only criteria we'll use to judge winners. While useful, we will value creativity, good questions and discussion on Reddit highly. When sharing your posts you will score more highly if people comment, provide feedback and are engaged.
- How well the infographic conveys our working tech, it's core concepts and plans to build on top of it.
- How well the infographic illustrates our story, purpose and conveys our tech so that it's easy to understand.
- Constructive discussion, questions and feedback on Reddit that lead to improvement.
- Sentiment and comments generated across all our social media. This will not include vanity metrics like likes or shares.
- Upvotes on Reddit for the author's submission post ONLY. All votes will be counted (i.e. doesn't matter which week they were made).
- Retweets of the submission in our master thread ONLY. Include your handle and a cover image in your submission. This means if you promote yourself on Twitter you ought to promote the tweet with your work in it.
How do you win?
You may submit up to two infographics. By submitting an infographic, you understand Komodo may post and use your submissions on our digital channels during and after the contest. Each infographic must have it's own post.
- Create a post on Komodo's subreddit using the 'infographic contest' flair.
- Add the infographic image into the Reddit post.
- Include your Twitter handle.
- Include a social media friendly cover image for us to use when we tweet your submission out.
- Post a link to your submission post here in the comments for all to see.
Contest Timeline Guide (these dates indicative and are subject to change).
- 7th September. Announcement. If you're reading this on Reddit before the big announcement then well done! You have two extra days before this is announced on Friday.
- 10th - 21st September. Research and Questions. We will promote the contest, invite questions and requests for resources, in the comments of this master Reddit post (because this means all information and good questions will be visible to all participants).
- 22nd September. Draft Submissions. Creatives to submit their draft infographics on Reddit. All submissions need to have their own post and then be linked to in the comments of this master post. This is important to remember!
- 24th - 30th September. Feedback. A period of one week will be devoted to promoting the submissions and asking the community and team to give you feedback.
- 1st October. Final Submissions.
- 2nd - 8th October. Voting. A week of promoting your work and at the end we'll count votes, consider feedback and pick our winners.
- 15th October. Winners Declared. The final decision by judges. Votes and community feedback counts towards judging but do not have final say.
If you need help please post in this thread, or email [[email protected]
) with ‘Infographic Contest’ in the subject line.
- A list of resources for the Komodo infographic contest including tools to create infographics.
- Komodo Platform: Redefining The Architecture Of Blockchain Platforms
- A bullet point study aid to help you understand the history of Komodo’s architecture.
- Logo Pack https://komodoplatform.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Komodo-Logo-Pack.zip
- Mylo's notes on Software & Platform Architecture for Designers in the Infographic Contest
- Mylo's Conceptual Model of Architecture
- Video: A brief history of our working tech and an animated timeline of the Komodo Platform.
- Video: Komodo Atomic Swaps Explained.
Also please let us know if you are, or you know, a good GUI developer because we'd love to hear from them. Ask them to DM ca333#0118 or SHossain#8093 on Discord.
25/09/18 - First Round of Feedback
Infographics should use graphical design elements to visually represent the Komodo Architecture Story found here: https://komodoplatform.com/komodo-platform-a-brief-overview/
included in our ‘required reading’. There’s also a bullet point aid: https://medium.com/@benohanlon/bullet-point-aid-to-help-you-the-history-of-komodos-architecture-dced35b29965
you may find useful.
Interim KMD Colour Palette
- We want to stress that the infographic ought to focus on the Architecture story. In the first round we've found many have focused on the five pillars which is a part of it but not the focus.
- Copy should be short and concise and not dominate the infographic. The idea is to simplify the story and not to copy and paste directly from the story.
- Colour Palette - avoid heavy usage of the old KMD green and yellow-orange. Would prefer usage of the interim KMD colour palette.
- Recommended fonts: Montseratt, Roboto, Open Sans, Helvetica, or Arial.
- Graphical - Imagery should complement the associated copy. Diagrams are encouraged in place of simple icons to explain more complex technology concepts.
- Interim KMD colour palette
If you’ve not been included in the first round it’s because the submission hadn’t been made when the team reviewed. Don’t worry though because we’re organising hangouts and further feedback to help.
- #001 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by thesudio. There’s a lot of good points made, however, these would work better if there is a clear narrative and flow to the information being presented. Otherwise, it can be overwhelming and confusing to the reader. The #1 objective is to visually depict the architecture story and how KMD is redefining blockchain platform architecture.
- #002 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by thesudio. We like that there is a clear structure and clear messaging aligned to each of the 5 pillars. However, the infographic should be focused on telling the architecture story vs the pillars.
- #003 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by VolsenVols. Love how you’ve incorporated our existing graphic design elements into the infographic. This is heading in the right direction and the level of copy and content are well balanced. It would be nice to align this closer to the architecture story and to expand on the different layers of our technology using the same style.
- #004 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by dexter_laabo. Needs to tell the architecture story. This looks more like it took information from our current website. “Anonymous” is not a key aspect of our technology that we’re focusing on.
- #005 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by savandra. The visuals are strong but the narrative could be stronger. It would be nice to align this closer to the architecture story and to expand on the different layers of our technology using the same style.
- #006 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by VolsenVols. Team prefers the other submission style in entry #003.
- #007 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by cryptol1. Doesn’t depict the architecture narrative. Inaccurately describes cross-chain tech as “proprietary”. Simplification has the wrong messaging associated, should be white-label focused. This is considered more of a graphics versus an infographic. Needs to be more comprehensive.
- #008 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by pacosenda. We like the unique design style and approach taken. Doesn’t follow the architecture narrative. Should be expanded out as it is a bit short on content with no clear flow or narrative.
- #009 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by jeanetteLine. Great level of detail and thought on the layout and content. Doesn’t, however, cover the architecture story. Would be preferred if the design direction reflects interim colour and style vs. legacy KMD. The roadmap should be avoided. Looks like they borrowed more from the website than the guidelines.
- #010 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by Meyse. Very creative way to explain and layout the content. This could be expanded out more to encompass the entire architecture story. Cross-chain verifications/smart contracts, blockchain bridging need to be incorporated in.
- #011 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by Brenny431. Follows the 5 pillars versus the architecture story. Would prefer stronger visuals and design elements.
- #012 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by ProofDraw. Design elements are good but need to follow architecture story versus 5 pillars.
- #013 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by sayonara_girl. Needs to follow the architecture story.
- #014 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by Limiter02. Good thought has gone into the copy, however, there’s way too much of it. Would prefer stronger visuals and utilizing a more visual storytelling approach. Doesn’t follow the architecture story. Remove the lizard.
- #015 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by piptothemoon. Great thought into visually representing key points. Needs to be expanded out to incorporate the architecture story, but this is heading in the right direction from a visual storytelling POV.
- #016 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by thecryptofoundation. Love the timeline approach, and mostly followed the guidelines and architecture story. Also, like the incorporation of accomplishments at the end. Would like to get the stock imagery used to reflect our interim colour palette. Not all visuals match what is being represented in the copy.
- #017 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by jsteneros. As discussed in the Zoom call, this graphic is really solid but a little heavy on the copy. Would be good to see more visualizations of the info. This graphic hits on some of the important messages (e.g. Komodo is built differently from other blockchain platforms and solves many of the issues that first-gen platforms are struggling with) but it would be great if there was more information about Komodo’s architecture and how Komodo is different from other platforms.
- #018 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by gravigocrypto. This one was also discussed in the Zoom call. Outstanding visuals and overall design. The info follows the architecture story well but could be stronger if the 3 layers of Komodo’s architecture were tied together into one, coherent visual. It’s a challenging task but that’s part of the contest : )
- #019 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by PacoSenda. This is a really creative infographic, which is great! However, we’d really like to see the visuals a bit more in line with fonts and color palette described above in the “First Round of Feedback” section. Also, as with the feedback for many of the infographic submissions, sticking to the Komodo architecture story would be best.
- #020 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by emmanmalaman. The visuals are pretty cool but this one misses most of our core messaging. It would be much stronger if it followed the architecture story and touched on the info provided in this post. There’s definitely potential here but it needs some work.
- #021 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by immimidada. The colors and visuals here are spot-on. It’s also really great that it sets up the problem and then presents the Komodo solution. However, the problem and solution aren’t defined exactly the way we’d like. Check out the architecture narrative to learn more, and try to follow that story a bit more closely.
- #022 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by mohitgfx3. This one is a bit heavy on the KMD logos. We’re really hoping to see a visualization of Komodo’s infrastructure architecture. As with the feedback for many of the infographics, it would be best to re-read Komodo’s architecture story and try to stick to that as much as possible. Using images from the current website is also not a great approach, as we’re preparing to launch a new site in the coming months.
- #023 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by u/sayonara_girl. Some of the visuals are cool! It’s missing the narrative we’re looking for. In general, less copy and more visual storytelling would improve this graphic a lot. We’d like to see a smooth, linear flow of information. Take another look at the architecture story and try to follow that narrative.
- #024 Infographic Link // Reddit Post Link by brunopugens. This one follows the narrative well! But it’s a little heavy on the copy. It would be much stronger if the architecture was displayed visually, rather than explained with text. Also, the design is cool but it’s difficult to read b/c the perspective of the text is skewed. It’s a really cool idea but might be better to put the text flat for the sake of readability and clarity.
We hosted a round of live feedback sessions via Zoom. The recording is here: https://soundcloud.com/blockchainists/zoom-call-first-round-of-feedback-for-komodos-infographic-contest#t=3:50
The first block
in the KMD blockchain was mined just under two years ago, on September 13, 2016 to 9:04 PM. Since then, Komodo has demonstrated a commitment to innovation and established a history of execution
- February 21, 2016 — The vision for Komodo Platform is born with jl777’s Declaration of Independence.
- September 13, 2016 — The first block in the KMD chain is mined.
- October 15, 2016 — Komodo’s initial coin offering (ICO) is launched.
- November 20, 2016 — Komodo’s ICO comes to a close with a total of 2,639 BTC raised.
- January 2017 — The Komodo Mainnet is launched, complete with independent assetchains and delayed Proof of Work security.
- January 31, 2017 — The KMD coins purchased in the ICO are issued.
- March 2017 — Komodo’s development team develops one of the first atomic swap protocols.
- July 2017 — Thousands of atomic swaps are made in a public, observable setting.
- August 2017 — Private, zero-knowledge trades made possible with Jumblr, Komodo’s native shuffler.
- October 2017 — Komodo develops a way to make atomic swaps in SPV Mode (“Lite Mode”), thus eliminating the need for traders to download entire blockchains to do atomic swaps.
- November 2017 — First GUI for Komodo’s atomic-swap-powered decentralized exchange (DEX) is released, making atomic swap trading more accessible than ever before.
- January 2018 — The mobile version of Agama wallet is released.
- February 2018 — A public stress test allows 13,900 atomic swaps in a 48 hour period.
- March 2018 — Komodo bridges the gap between Bitcoin-protocol-based coins and Ethereum-based ERC-20 tokens, providing support for 95% of coins and tokens in existence.
- March 2018 — Komodo holds its second annual Notary Node Elections.
- May 2018 — The world’s first decentralized ICO is held on Komodo Platform.
- June 2018 — The alpha release of HyperDEX, a new GUI for Komodo’s decentralized exchange, is launched.
- July 2018 — Komodo enters a partnership with Netcoins, making KMD coins available for purchase with fiat currencies at over 21,000 locations across three continents.
- July 2018 — Komodo announces the 5 Pillars of Blockchain technology and begins introducing some Komodo 2.0 technology features, like Federated Multi-Chain Syncing and Cross-Chain Smart Contracts.
- August 2018 — Komodo takes two big steps towards mass adoption, announces a collaboration with Ideas By Nature, an industry-leading blockchain agency, and releases a full briefing on the development on UTXO-based smart contracts.
- Cryptomiso.com is a website that ranks 866 different blockchain projects according to the Github commit history of that project’s most popular repo. Komodo is ranked #1 overall for Github commits over the last 12 months.
- China's Ministry Research Initiative regularly ranks Komodo in the top 10.
- Binance CEO highlights Komodo (see this Five Bullet Friday edition for more info).
If you would like to update your post, please edit and add to the post so people can see the different iterations. Entries and submissions for the infographic contest. You can click here to see them all in a scrollable thread on Twitter.
Edit: The "historical Price Download", is not working anymore as bandwidth on Github LFS is limited (I didnt know that). I am reuploading it on Google Drive after work :))
Hi together! I created a Free Python Script to process your trade histories.
I am a big NANO supporter and I subtly promote NANO in it :P (Check out the Logo and Screenshots) As I could only use my transaction histories I need your help.
Please follow the HOWTO (below) and try to calculate your profits! If you run into any problems (and there will be bugs!) or if you need more exchanges write it in the comments and I will add them! (I could only integrate the ones I use, cause I only got csv files from there)
The tool is working fine for me and I could perfectly calculate my profit, payed fees and last buy times to determine the 12 month holding time.
The code is not that complex, so take a look at it and feel free to add, correct or modify stuff and make sure to push it :)
CryptoProfIT (Alpha Version) https://github.com/LucidSkyWalkeCryptoProfIT/blob/masteREADME.md
The profit result can be used to calculate the tax on your crypto. The output are two csv-files. Example Screenshots can be found below.
The output files contain: - Sorted full trade history (converts all exchange exports to the same formatting) - Fees per Trade (inklusive Overall Payed fees) - Profit per trade (Overall profit. This can be used to easily calculate your personal capital taxes) - Profit can be calculated in EUR or USD. (Data from European Central Bank) - Amount of your Cryptocurrencies - Display the different BUY-INs by amount and date. So you can control the 12 month holding period.
Supported Exchanges: Binance, Bitfinex, Bittrex, Kraken, Mercatox, Poloniex, Costum*
*A dummy file is included that can be used to easily add trades of other exchanges. If you give me a csv-file export from other exchanges (you can modify the digits for privacy) I will add them. PLEASE READ
: I wrote this tool to calculate my taxes and it did the job fine! Nevertheless it is not well tested yet. If you run into trouble, please write an issue and I will fix it! Thank you :)
Screenshot of the output.csv. The data of all exchanges is formatted in its specific ways and displayed in a uniform style. Type
always refers to the first token of the pair! (First transaction shows buying XRP by BTC) Base Price
always refers to the second token of the pair. Base Price in USD
shows the price of the second token in USD. Screenshot2
Screenshot of the holding_output.csv. This file can be used to specify your remaining holding times, as Capital gains do not need to be taxed in many countries after 12 month The picture shows (in red), that the first of the remaining ETH were bought on 2017-06-02, meaning that this amount is tax-free one year later. The blue frame shows the date for the next tokens... Screenshot3
Console output of the Python script (Not my real data ;)
For now, there is no Gui so you have to use the python script. If some dev likes to help, making a gui or a brython version would be neat.
Setting up Python:
- Install Python 3.x (link here)
- Make sure to mark "ADD PATH" in the installer
- Open commandline
- Type: "python --version", this should display "Python 3.x"
- Install package: "requests" (type: "pip3 install requests", hit ENTER) (if applicable, run commandline as admin)
- Install package: "pandas" (type: "pip3 install pandas", hit ENTER)
- Install package: "currencyconverter" (type: "pip3 install currencyconverter", hit ENTER)*
- Install package: "tables" (type: "pip3 install tables", hit ENTER)
Using the script:
- Download or clone this git
- Download the historical price data file (Not working anymore as bandwidth on Github LFS is limited, I am reuploading it on Google Drive after work)
- Copy the file into the BTC_Data folder and overwrite existing fixed.hdf5
- Download the csv-file exports and copy them into the folder "trade_history_files" Note: Binance will give you an excel file. Open that and save it as binance.csv Note: For Kraken, use "trade" (not ledger) and mark "all"
- Rename the csv-files into the exchange names with lowercase. E.g. "kraken.csv", "binance.csv"...
- For further trades, copy the "dummy.csv" file from the "costum folder" into "trade_history_files". (See section "Using a costum file". I used it for Anycoin and Liqui, as I could not get csv files there)
- Start the "main.py" (Detailed: navigate via commandline into the "CryptoTaxator" folder e.g type: "cd C:/CryptoTaxator", hit Enter, type: "Python3 main.py")
- If you choose EUR, decimals in the output will be seperated with ",", for USD with "." (For proper Excel display)
- Forks are displayed with a warning, as you try to sell tokens you never bought before. Please read the Fork information if your trade history contains forks.
* This package uses the European Central Bank as source for EUUSD to get the historical exchange rates. Author: Alex Prengère Home Page: https://github.com/alexprengere/currencyconverter
A tax accountant told me, you need to pay taxes on the profit of your received forked coins as soon as you get them. Therefore a "dummy" trade needs to be manually added to one of the csv export files in "trade_history_files". * Add a "Buy" transaction at the moment you reveived the coins. (with price "0") * Add a "Sell" transaction a few seconds later (price = initial price of forked coin) you made the inital profit. * Add a "Buy" transaction a few seconds later than before (price = initial price) Because you know still got the coins Simplifing this could be a feature in a future version...
Using the dummy-file:
You can use this file to add trades from exchanges that do not provide trade history exports. Important:
You have to use the same formatting like the sample data in the file. Ensure the right date formatting, and use "." for decimals.
- For receiving the minute price data of bitcoin, the historical data of coinbase is used.
- For receiving the ETH price data, the poloniex API is used ( ~ 5min accuracy )
- For the USD/EUR exchange rate, the european central bank data is used.
- If you try to sell something you should not have it is displayed in the console. You can choose to continue or abort. If you sell a coin you received from a fork, this message will show up as you should not have that coin. Read "Fork information" for more info.
I wrote this tool to calculate my taxes and thought I share it. I do not guarantee that the results are 100% accurate, but the script might help you getting a well formatted output csv you can work with.
If you run into any problems, don't hesitate to contact me at any time.
XBR TO THE MOON Donations: xrb_3mwnrhq1d4pdcrgegyygic1a1wpcbnsaj6pd5656dg3yxio3cyg1rn4u1umx
This Binance Exchange Is The Leading Global Cryptocurrency - Binance Png is high quality PNG picture material, which can be used for your creative projects or simply as a decoration for your design & website content. Binance Exchange Is The Leading Global Cryptocurrency - Binance Png is a totally free PNG image with transparent background and ... Bitcoin is a type of P2P-based virtual encrypted digital currency. Bitcoin uses a SHA256 encryption algorithm and has a total of 21 million blocks. Typically, one block is generated every 10 minutes and the reward is cut in half every 210,000 blocks. Presently, most mining pools distribute transaction fees to miners in addition to block rewards. What you need to start mining: Mining hardware ... binance; bitcoin Cash; brand; circle; craig Steven Wright; ethereum; altcoins; PNG Clipart Information . Dimensions 612x624px; File size 279.96KB; MIME type Image/png; dominant color red; License. PNGGuru is an open community for users to share PNG cliparts, all PNG cliparts in PNGGuru are for Non-Commercial Use, no attribution required. If you are the author and find this PNG is shared ... Ethereum Logo Cryptocurrency Bitcoin Blockchain, blockchain PNG size: 642x1023px filesize: 20.77KB electric blue text brand, Apps Electrum PNG size: 512x512px filesize: 74.6KB Cryptocurrency wallet Bitcoin Ledger, bitcoin PNG size: 1000x1000px filesize: 81.93KB Bitcoin and miner logo, Bitcoin Mining pool Cryptocurrency Blockchain, bitcoin transparent background PNG clipart size: 800x632px filesize: 87.41KB 10, 20, 50, 100, and 500 euro banknotes, Hong Kong Euro Money Currency Banknote, Different denominations of euro banknotes transparent background PNG clipart size: 926x1400px filesize: 1.49MB Trade over 40 cryptocurrencies and enjoy the lowest trading fees in America.
Support Me On Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/TheModernInvestor ----- Protect And Sto... willkommen zur Bitcoin-Informant Show Nr. 755 gesponsert von www.Bitsonar.com - Bitcoin Crash auf 7.4k - Bitcoin Bärenmarkt zurück & Binance und Bithumb verneinen das Offices in Shanghai durch ... CryptoRobert's quick and easy tutorial on how easy it is to send Bitcoin or Ethereum to Binance using GDAX. You read that correctly. ANYONE can use GDAX to quickly fund not just your Binance ... Heute geht's um folgende Themen: Craig Wright muss 50% der Bitcoins an Kleiman abtreten, Binance startet Krypto Kredite & Dash Convention Europe Ticketverlosung. 1.) CRAIG WRIGHT REPORTEDLY MUST ... Share More. Report. Need to report the video? Sign in to report inappropriate content. ... #cryptocurrency #BAKKT #Bitcoin #altcoin #binance #kucoin #coinbase #ripple #cryptocurrencynews,#xrp #bnb ... Hey Krypto Fans,willkommen zur Bitcoin-Informant Show Nr. 572 Heute geht's um folgende Themen: Binance vor dem Kollaps, Thailand ICO Portal & Wachstum von Bitcoin schlecht für das Bankensystem ... Heute geht's um folgende Themen: Neues Bitcoin-Allzeithoch möglich in 2019, Binance-Leak Erpresser Kopfgeld & Coinbase gewinnt Prozess wegen Insider Trading 1.)Neues Bitcoin-Allzeithoch möglich ... Binance Deutsch - Binance anmelden - Binance Anleitung In diesem Video zeige ich dir in Form meiner Binance Erfahrungen, wie du dich bei Binance anmelden kannst. Heute geht's um folgende Themen: Binance gehackt – 7.000 Bitcoin (BTC) gestohlen, Sprott CEO Bullish bzgl. Blockchain gedecktem Gold & Bitmains Mining Power stark gesunken. Blockchain gedecktem ... http://bitcoin-informant.de/2019/07/12/660-binance-bitcoin-margin-tradingtrump-kein-fan-von-bitcoin-jp-morgan-drogenschmuggel-schiff Hey Krypto Fans, willkom...